Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This layered pie is good for the soul but not the waistline. Not sure where it came from as it's handwritten on a piece of notebook paper. Enjoy!! Cooking time is refrigeration time.
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, baked
- 2 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1 tablespoon butter (no substitutes)
- 20 caramels
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups salted peanuts
- 8 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 2 tablespoons butter (no substitutes)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 caramels
- 5 teaspoons whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In microwave or double boiler melt chocolate and butter.
- Spread onto the bottom and up sides of pie crust.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is set.
- Peanut Layer:.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat melt caramels and cream, stirring frequently until smooth.
- Remove from heat, stir in peanuts.
- Spoon into pie shell and refrigerate while you make the chocolate layer.
- Chocolate Layer:.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and butter.
- Remove from heat.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile beat cream and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Carefully fold 1/3 of whipped cream into chocolate mixture.
- Fold in remaining whipped cream.
- Spread over peanut layer.
- Refrigerate until set.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat melt topping ingredients.
- Drizzle over pie.