Recipe by Bill Hilbrich
Wild Rice and Mushrooms, what more do we need to say. Cooking is a Creative Sport.
Top Review by Tebo
This was excellent. I served it with a cornish hen dish. I think wild rice and cornish hens just go together. Had plenty of left overs too. Will use them up in pancakes probably. Thanks Bill.
- 1⁄2 cup wild rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken stock
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a two quart sauce pan, saute the onions in the olive oil and butter until neary transparent.
- Add the mushrooms, and continue to stir for 2 minutes.
- Wash the rice, drain and add to the pan, followed by the water and chicken stock.
- Heat the mixture until it just starts to boil, lower the heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
- After the rice has cooked, mix the corn starch to one tablespoon of water, stir until the lumps are gone and add to the wild rice.
- Stir until the rice starts to thicken and serve.