Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Wild Rice and Mushrooms, what more do we need to say. Cooking is a Creative Sport.
Make and share this Tim's Wild Rice and Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- In a two quart sauce pan, saute the onions in the olive oil and butter until neary transparent.
- Add the mushrooms, and continue to stir for 2 minutes.
- Wash the rice, drain and add to the pan, followed by the water and chicken stock.
- Heat the mixture until it just starts to boil, lower the heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
- After the rice has cooked, mix the corn starch to one tablespoon of water, stir until the lumps are gone and add to the wild rice.
- Stir until the rice starts to thicken and serve.
This was excellent. I served it with a cornish hen dish. I think wild rice and cornish hens just go together. Had plenty of left overs too. Will use them up in pancakes probably. Thanks Bill.