1/1 Photo of Tim's Tavern Chicken
This is an easy dish that tastes as good as it looks! The green spinach is a nice contrast to the black olives and red diced tomatoes; 2 staples I always keep on hand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced into stir-fry strips
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes with juice, canned
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2Season chicken with salt and pepper. In large saute pan, heat 1 TBS olive oil. When hot, add chicken and stir-fry for 1 - 2 minutes (do not cook all the way through).
- 3Remove chicken from pan and heat remaining 1/2 TBS olive oil.
- 4When hot, add garlic and cook, stirring, for about 30 seconds. Add red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, for an additional 30 seconds. Remove mixture from pan.
- 5Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they begin to release liquid.
- 6Add chicken, tomatoes, olives and garlic mixture; bring to a simmer. Add spinach and cover; simmer until spinach is wilted.
- 7Serve 1 heaping cup of chicken mixture over 2 oz pasta.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tim's Tavern Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (430 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.8
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 505.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 39.5 g