Recipe by guacgurl
This is an easy dish that tastes as good as it looks! The green spinach is a nice contrast to the black olives and red diced tomatoes; 2 staples I always keep on hand.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced into stir-fry strips
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes with juice, canned
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In large saute pan, heat 1 TBS olive oil. When hot, add chicken and stir-fry for 1 - 2 minutes (do not cook all the way through).
- Remove chicken from pan and heat remaining 1/2 TBS olive oil.
- When hot, add garlic and cook, stirring, for about 30 seconds. Add red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, for an additional 30 seconds. Remove mixture from pan.
- Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they begin to release liquid.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, olives and garlic mixture; bring to a simmer. Add spinach and cover; simmer until spinach is wilted.
- Serve 1 heaping cup of chicken mixture over 2 oz pasta.