1/2 Photos of Tim's Tantalizing Thai Salad
From the famous German chef, Tim Melzer. Beef sauteed with chiles, and served over a bed of romaine lettuce, topped with fresh basil, mint and coriander with a fresh lime vinaigrette drizzled all over it. YUM. You can throw this together in less than fifteen minutes! NOTE: This is spicy, if you don't like spicy, omit the chiles. Also, if you are averse to cilantro, just use basil, and mint.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces filet steak or 16 ounces sirloin
- 2 Thai chiles, cut into rings
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 romaine lettuce hearts
- 1 bunch fresh Thai basil, leaves only
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, leaves only
- 5 mint leaves
- 1 red onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1 edible orchid
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (nam pla)
- 5 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1Mix lime juice, fish sauce, peanut oil, sugar, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 2Add the constarch to the beef strips and toss.
- 3Add 3 TB oil to a heavy bottomed pan and heat to medium-high.
- 4When the oil is hot, but not smoking add the beef strips and stir constantly, about 5 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and sugar. The starch will stick to the pan, but that is ok.
- 5Add the chiles and cook two minutes more.
- 6Add the garlic and cook another minute, remove and set aside to cool to lukewarm.
- 7Slice the romaine lettuce in half lengthwise, and then each half into thin strips, and spread them out on a serving platter.
- 8Top with the beef, and add the fresh herbs on top.
- 9Drizzle dressing on it, break the orchid into three parts and add on top.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Thai Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tim's Tantalizing Thai Salad
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 526.5
- Calories from Fat 353
- Total Fat 39.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 77.7 mg
- Sodium 427.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 23.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: