Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My husband perfected his own sweet tea recipe to suit our tastes. It's very important to allow the tea to chill to develop the flavor.
- 1. Heat 2 quarts water to just below a simmer in a kettle.
- 2. Remove from heat and add baking soda and tea-bags.
- 3. Brew 10 minutes.
- 4.Pour one cup sugar into a one-gallon pitcher.
- 5. Pour hot tea over the sugar and stir until dissolved.
- 6. Add cold water to fill the pitcher.
- 7. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before drinking.