Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My husband perfected his own sweet tea recipe to suit our tastes. It's very important to allow the tea to chill to develop the flavor.
- 1. Heat 2 quarts water to just below a simmer in a kettle.
- 2. Remove from heat and add baking soda and tea-bags.
- 3. Brew 10 minutes.
- 4.Pour one cup sugar into a one-gallon pitcher.
- 5. Pour hot tea over the sugar and stir until dissolved.
- 6. Add cold water to fill the pitcher.
- 7. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before drinking.