My husband perfected his own sweet tea recipe to suit our tastes. It's very important to allow the tea to chill to develop the flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Heat 2 quarts water to just below a simmer in a kettle.
- 22. Remove from heat and add baking soda and tea-bags.
- 33. Brew 10 minutes.
- 44.Pour one cup sugar into a one-gallon pitcher.
- 55. Pour hot tea over the sugar and stir until dissolved.
- 66. Add cold water to fill the pitcher.
- 77. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before drinking.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tim's Sweet Tea
Serving Size: 1 (3993 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 774.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 389.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 199.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 199.8 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
family-size tea bags