1 hr 30 mins
This is the stuffing my brother-in-law really likes. Adapted from another recipe I found on the Zaar, I want to be able to duplicate it again. This will go well with chicken, pork, or fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped onions
- 4 slices bacon (finely chopped)
- 2 medium garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 4 cups unseasoned dry bread cubes
- 2 cups cubed cornbread
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Melt butter in frying pan and add canola oil.
- 3Saute onion and celery together.
- 4While these are cooking, fry the bacon in another pan.
- 5Remove celery and onion from heat, add the cooked bacon (not the grease) and the parsley, garlic, oregano, and sea salt to the pan and mix well.
- 6In a large bowl put your plain croutons or dry bread cubes and the corn bread cubes.
- 7Pour your celery - onion - bacon mixture into the bowl and toss gently with the breads.
- 8In a smaller bowl stir together the eggs, half the chicken broth and the white wine.
- 9Pour these liquids into the bread mixture and toss gently again.
- 10Spread evenly into a casserole baking dish and drizzle the rest of the chicken broth over the top. For moister stuffing use a little more chicken broth.
- 11Cover with foil and bake for about 40 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- 12Tip: If you are using regular corn bread this amount of chicken broth should be fine, if your corn bread is dried you will need more.
Nutritional Facts for Tim's Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.6
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.8 mg
- Sodium 724.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: