Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My husband came up with the combination while he was still single...and he hates to cook! If you love hamburgers and Italian sausage, this will be a winner with you :) Great on the BBQ and a bit leaner than just sausage alone. This recipe makes a lot, but I freeze half before cooking so they are always handy for grilling.
- 907.18 g ground beef (the leaner the better)
- 907.18 g Italian sausage (sweet or hot or both)
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- If you cannot get bulk sausage, then squeeze the sausage out of the casing and discard casing.
- Mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Shape into patties.
- I make mine very thin and about 1" wider than a hamburger bun, because they shrink up and get thicker while cooking.
- BBQ grill or fry until juices run clear.
- Serve on your favorite buns or rolls.
These were great. We used hot italian sausage and added red pepper flakes, and grilled them on the BBQ. Very flavorful! Thanks for sharing.
These were simple and great tasting. My 19 month old twins and my husband all approved - which is rare. Thank you for a wonderful recipe that satisfies the whole family!
Good burger, Karen. Dh especially enjoyed it. Definitely a guy's burger if my guy is any indication.