Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A hit whenever I have served it. I got this from a group home I worked in, and made it my own with a couple of modifications.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 16 slices bacon or 8 slices of thinly sliced ham
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 16 -24 ounces sour cream or 16 -24 ounces sour cream substitute
- 8 slices cheese (I prefer cheddar or Colby Jack)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon liquid smoke, flavoing
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
- In a skillet or microwave, precook the bacon so that most of the fat has been rendered away, but it is still pliable. If you use ham, omit the precooking step.
- Take the cheese and lay it on the chicken breasts. 1 slice per breast. Wrap the bacon or ham around the chicken breasts (2 strips of bacon per breast)and hold in place with a toothpick.
- Place the wrapped breasts in a 9 x 18 inch pyrex baking dish (lightly sprayed with pan spray).
- In a mixing bowl, thoroughly mix the other ingredients, and then pour over the chicken. Place the entire mixture into a 350 degree oven, and bake for 45 mins to 1 hr, or until done.
- You can substitute a can of cheese soup (broccoli cheese soup also works well) for the cheese slices and not lose the flavors.