Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This simple stuffing/dressing recipe has been passed down for several generations in Ohio. Now that I'm in Texas, I kept losing the darn recipe, so I decided to upload it here. BTW, you can add cooked and chopped giblets and neck to this dressing, if desired. Just simmer them in water or chicken broth for several minutes or so to ensure they're properly cooked before adding to mix.
- Saute onions, celery, and herbs in butter until translucent.
- Saute mushrooms separately to remove excess water.
- Toss all ingredients in large baking pan.
- Add enough drippings (or chicken broth) for desired moisture, but not wet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until top is lightly browned.