Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very tasty, economical, and healthy... My soon to be "brother-in-law" loves this granola, as does the rest of our family.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup rolled wheat
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄3 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, or almonds)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a LARGE bowl stir together oats, rolled wheat, wheat flour, sesame seeds, and sunflower seeds, set aside.
- In a sauce pan on stovetop heat liquids together and add salt and brown sugar.
- Stir until hot and dissolved.
- Pour hot liquids into the oat mixture and mix well with a big spoon and your hands.
- Add nuts and raisins.
- Mix a little more.
- Spread in a low, flat pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
This one is good, but I like the chewy coconut and the tropical with seeds better...