Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This comes from the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Cookbook by Mary Hale and Chris Miller. I have not tried it, but am putting it here for safe-keeping.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 1⁄2 lbs butternut squash, peeled, halved, and seeded, then cut into 1/2inch cubes
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet.
- Add onion and cook at low heat until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add squash and 1/2 cup water.
- Cook covered over med-low heat for 30 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Add chicken broth and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Process soup in a blender or food processor by batches.