This is an easy to throw together crock pot recipe. The soup is spicy but not overpowering. Jalapenos can be substituted for the chiles to give the soup more of a kick. An all natural stock or broth is recommended as the base. Of course properly prepared dry beans make the dish all the better.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks, grilled and cut into small pieces
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet corn
- 32 ounces beef stock (all natural)
- 1 medium onion white, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Combine all ingredients in 6 quart crock pot and stir.
- Simmer all day on low.
- All ingredients can be adjusted to taste as you cook and as room allows in pot.
This was easy to make but it was a bit spicy for me. I followed the recipe as written but next time would cut back on the chilis. I made this for my lunches this week. Made for Spring PAC 2012
This is really tasty. Just the right amount of kick. I followed the recipe exactly as written and will make again for sure.