Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is an easy to throw together crock pot recipe. The soup is spicy but not overpowering. Jalapenos can be substituted for the chiles to give the soup more of a kick. An all natural stock or broth is recommended as the base. Of course properly prepared dry beans make the dish all the better.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks, grilled and cut into small pieces
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet corn
- 32 ounces beef stock (all natural)
- 1 medium onion white, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Combine all ingredients in 6 quart crock pot and stir.
- Simmer all day on low.
- All ingredients can be adjusted to taste as you cook and as room allows in pot.
This was easy to make but it was a bit spicy for me. I followed the recipe as written but next time would cut back on the chilis. I made this for my lunches this week. Made for Spring PAC 2012
This is really tasty. Just the right amount of kick. I followed the recipe exactly as written and will make again for sure.