Recipe by Upper Crusty
Very mild, no bean soup that's perfect for the "fussy" eater. Very hearty, goes very well with cornbread #4496. Enjoy!
Top Review by LARavenscroft
I'm not really sure how I felt about this. Not sure if the corn chips were to be fritos or doritos but I used fritos. Will try this again with doritos and review again. Made for My Three Chefs Fall 2009.
- 2 large chicken breasts, precooked, cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) packagesouthwest blend frozen vegetables (corn, broccoli & bell peppers)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (with liquid)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can water (use broth can)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed garlic (jar from Trader Joe's)
- 1 teaspoon hot chili powder
- 8 ounces corn chips (1/2 bag)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put everything in a 6 quart pan, bring to a boil, turn down heat to medium-low and cook for 45 minute.
- Top with chips (whole or broken up), serve hot with garnishes of your choice: sharp cheddar cheese, avacado, onion, black or pinto beans, sour cream, cillantro.