Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A beautiful hot chocolate to make for the family whenever the mood strikes. When is hot chocolate not welcome?
- In a saucepan combine milk, water, and sugar.
- Stir over medium heat until mixture just comes to boiling.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in chocolate and vanilla.
- Beat with an immersion blender, rotary mixer, or whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture is frothy.
- TO SERVE:.
- Pour hot chocolate into cups.
- If desired, top with Schlag, crushed English toffee, and cocoa powder. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- In a mixing bowl combine 1 cup whipping cream, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- Beat until soft peaks form (tips curl).
Yum, what's not to like about bittersweet hot chocolate. So decadent, rich, thick, creamy and devine. Made exactly as written wouldn't change a thing. Thanks so much for sharing....dh even had a cup, because he said it looked too good to pass up. Kudos to you.
Oh my is this ever a rich little treat!!! I used 3/4 of bittersweet and 1/4 of semisweet chocolate to make my one serving. I then just used whipped cream for the topping as this is already very sweet, but soooo delicious!! Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for I Recommend Tag.
This was a nice treat for a cold night (it's only 29, brrrrr). Even using 70% dark chocolate I find it a bit sweet for my taste, so would cut the sugar at least in half. Made for PRMRT