Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Not fattening, and very good!
- 4 courgettes or 4 zucchini
- 2 aubergines or 2 eggplants
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 cup sorrel
- 2 cups low-fat creme fraiche
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wash all the vegetables.
- Deseed the (bell)peppers, and cut them into smallish, uniform pieces.
- Cut the eggplant into similar sized pieces (just a little smaller than the diameter of the zucchini).
- Cut the zucchini into quarter inch thick slices.
- Wash the sorrel, chop it and set it aside.
- Heat the oil in a wide frying pan, and sauter the vegetables over high heat for 5 minutes. Salt and pepper them. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream with the eggs and the sorrel. Add all of the vegetables to this mixture.
- (Alternatively, cook the sorrel for a few minutes in oil, and add them, cooked, to the cream and eggs.).
- Divide the mixture into 6 ramekins of suitable size, and put them into a baking pan. Fill the baking pan with water to come up to half the height of the ramekins.
- Put it into the oven and cook for 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately.