Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a copycat recipe for the soup served in Canada and the Northern US. Enjoy!
- 2 (32 ounce) cans tomato juice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed, drained & chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- Bring the tomato juice and broth to a boil in a large pot.
- Lower the temperature and simmer for about 60 - 75 minutes or until the liquid is reduced to about half of the original amount.
- Add spinach, garlic, lemon juice and spices and bring to a boil, then lower heat & simmer for 20 minutes. Remove bay leaves.
- Add rice and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve hot.