Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is a copycat of the Tim Horton's Oatmeal Muffin.
Make and share this Tim Horton's Style Oatmeal Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C).
- Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a small bowl, combine milk and oats and let soak for 15 minutes. In a separate bowl, beat together egg and oil then stir in oatmeal mixture. In a third bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir flour mixture into wet ingredients, just until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups until cups are 2/3 full. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
I really enjoyed these. I followed the recipe exactly as written other then I used canola oil instead of vegetable as that is all I had. I tasted them hot out of the oven and after they cooled. I actually enjoyed them even more once they cooled. They are not a sweet muffin but I thought they were perfect! I only had to cook mine for 20 minutes.
Really delicious recipe. Thank you so much for posting.
I made them as directed, but I added a handful of sultanas and used skinny milk.
I particularly like how adaptable they would be. You could flavour with orange or lemon zest, any kind of dried fruit, grated peat or apple, any spice really.. the options are endless.
I found the sweetness perfect, and zapped them in the microwave before eating.
Such a nice on the go breakfast recipe. I imagine they will freeze well, but I haven't tried yet.
ETA 16/2 - Have modified these to make them vegan by using soy milk and a ripe banana for the egg. They came up surprisingly well, IMO. Just a note though, you really need to serve these warm, otherwise they seem a bit dry. I'm also tempted to ripple through a bit of jam or even golden syrup or honey.
These were just OK. Not anything wrong with them, just not amazing.