Recipe by Member #610488
This is a copycat recipe for the chili served at Tim Hortons in Canada and Northern US. Enjoy!
Top Review by tinaloiselle
Just in the middle of making this recipe, it does seem very watery, had I'd known I would have mashed some extra beans on the side to thinken the chili. It does in no way taste like Tim Hoetons..
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans in tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef with the onion and a few shakes of chili powder.
- Add to either a large pot or Crock Pot. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
- If you are doing it on the stove, simmer for a couple of hours, stirring often.
- If you are doing it in a crock pot, cook on low for 9-10 hours.