Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a copycat recipe for the chili served at Tim Hortons in Canada and Northern US. Enjoy!
Make and share this Tim Horton's Style Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans in tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Brown ground beef with the onion and a few shakes of chili powder.
- Add to either a large pot or Crock Pot. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
- If you are doing it on the stove, simmer for a couple of hours, stirring often.
- If you are doing it in a crock pot, cook on low for 9-10 hours.
Just in the middle of making this recipe, it does seem very watery, had I'd known I would have mashed some extra beans on the side to thinken the chili. It does in no way taste like Tim Hoetons..
I used to buy their chili every morning for breakfast. This is almost identical. I love it!!
YUMMM!! This recipe was soooo tasty!! Even the ones in the family who don't like chili ate this! Thanks for sharing! I did add mushrooms though since we love mushrooms :)