1/2 Photos of Tim Hortons Chili
1 hr 25 mins
A copycat recipe for Tim Hortons chili which is now a family favorite. According to Tim Hortons description of their chili it has 'ground beef blended with kidney beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, green peppers, onion and celery' so I think this recipe is very close to the real thing. If cooking the chili in a crock pot, drain the tomatoes; cover and cook on low for about 5 hours. Chili can be made ahead and refrigerated overnight. Freezes well too so would be good OAMC recipe. Prep time, cooking time, and servings are estimates.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 -3 onions, diced
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 (19 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 (10 ounce) cans mushroom pieces, drained, chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) cans tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 -2 garlic cloves, minced or 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1Brown the ground beef in the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat until no longer pink; place in a large pot. Do not drain.
- 2Sauté onion, celery and green pepper in the drippings, in the same frying pan used for the ground beef, for about 5 minutes until onion is translucent.
- 3Add a little of the chili powder.
- 4Add sautéed veggies to the ground beef.
- 5Add rinsed and drained kidney beans, mushrooms pieces, undiluted tomato soup and tomatoes with the liquid.
- 6Add the rest of the chili powder, oregano, salt, pepper, sugar, and garlic.
- 7Stir ingredients together well.
- 8Cover and simmer for one hour, stirring occasionally.
- 9Remove cover and simmer for 30 minutes or more, stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tim Hortons Chili
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.8
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 41.1 mg
- Sodium 444.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 16.9 g