1/1 Photo of Tillie's Yellow Squash Casserole
Mom used to go to Church with Tille. She made this casserole for us once, and I've been making it constantly ever since.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In saucepan, bring water, squash, onion, and salt to boil.
- 2Cover and simmer until squash is tender (20 min.).
- 3Drain and mash.
- 4Mix in pepper, 1 tbs. butter, flour, eggs and milk.
- 5Set aside 3 tbs. cheese, and put rest in squash.
- 6Pour into buttered dish.
- 7Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes.
- 8Mix 2 tbs. butter with bread crumbs.
- 9Sprinkle over casserole and then sprinkle rest of cheese, and bake 5-10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tillie's Yellow Squash Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.1
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 92.0 mg
- Sodium 569.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 11.5 g