Recipe by Julie Tremmel
Found this on the Tillamook website and am putting it here for safe keeping. I havent found a fondue recipe that calls for champagne before and am looking forward to trying this.
- 1 loaf artisanal dark crusty bread, cut 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup sweet champagne
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups tillamook vintage extra sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 tablespoon white pepper, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Place bread in oven for 3 to 5 minutes to dry out slightly. Remove and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, simmer champagne until it reduces to 1/2 cup. Add cream and return to simmer.
- Toss shredded cheese and cornstarch together and fold into champagne and cream mixture. Add white pepper. Stirring until smooth and blended.
- Serve in a fondue pot surrounded by cubed bread.