Oregon is well-known for it's delicious Tillamook cheeses! Here's a tasty and easy recipe featuring smoked cheddar from the Tillamook recipe contest in 2001, and submitted by Patty Cheng, Mountain View, California.
My Private Note
snack s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces (can use Tillamook brand)
- 5 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricot
- 3/4 cup tillamook smoked cheddar cheese, shredded & chilled
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (can use Tillamook brand)
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2In a large electric mixer with paddle attachment, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and white pepper.
- 3Add cold butter pieces and mix until flour mixture has a coarse meal texture.
- 4Add the bacon, apricots, and smoked cheddar cheese and mix until well-combined.
- 5On low speed, gradually add the buttermilk and mix until a dough is formed.
- 6Turn the dough out onto a lightly-floured board and gently knead 8 times.
- 7Pat or roll out the dough to 1-inch thick, and use a biscuit or cookie cutter to cut the biscuits (re-gathering and re-rolling as necessary to use up the dough).
- 8Place on a lightly-greased and floured baking sheet, and bake at 425 degrees F on the middle oven rack for 15 minutes and biscuit tops are golden.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tillamook Smoked Cheddar Biscuits With Crisp Bacon and Apricots
Serving Size: 1 (699 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.3
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 40.7 mg
- Sodium 491.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 8.5 g