Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a very good appetizer. Guests will think you slaved for hours on this, but it is very easy.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- salt, pinch
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, broken into chunks
- 1 cup extra sharp white cheddar cheese, broken into chunks
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brandy
- 1 tablespoon celery, finely minced
- cayenne, pinch
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- Heat oil in small frying pan over medium heat. Add shallots and salt and saute until soft. Set aside to cool.
- Place cheeses, butter and brandy in bowl of food processor. Pulse until mixture is smooth.
- Transfer mixture to medium bowl and stir in shallots, celery and cayenne. Chill in refrigerator for 1/2 hour. In a separate bowl combine bread crumbs and parsley. Form cheese mixture into teaspoon sized balls and roll in bread crumb mixture. Serve at room temperature.