1/1 Photo of Tillamook Beer Cheese Soup
Kirstin in the Couv's Note:
This is from the Tillamook Cheese Factory - some of the best cheese in the world!!!!! Of course I'm biased cause they're in my home state :-) This is my fave beer cheese soup -- you can use other cheese, just make sure it's extra sharp!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat butter in sauté pan.
- 2Add flour and cook on low heat.
- 3Stir mixture until it starts to bubble.
- 4Do not allow to brown.
- 5Pull off fire and set aside.
- 6Heat milk in sauce pan until it is just ready to boil.
- 7Add garlic, salt and pepper and crushed chilies.
- 8Stir mixture until just before boiling.
- 9Add half of flour/butter mixture (Roux) and stir with wire whisk until at a low simmer.
- 10Additional Roux may be added to thicken.
- 11Stir constantly to avoid burning.
- 12Turn down heat and add cheese and beer.
- 13Stir to allow cheese to melt.
- 14Texture should be smooth to the touch.
- 15May be reheated on low temperature.
- 16(Do not boil.).
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tillamook Beer Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 536.2
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.1 g
- Saturated Fat 25.4 g
- Cholesterol 125.4 mg
- Sodium 603.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 23.7 g