Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great and inexpensive substitute to commercial cleaners.
Make and share this Tile and Grout Cleaner recipe from Food.com.
- Combine in a gallon container,do yourself a favor, and put the water in FIRST!
- Don't get it near anything with BLEACH!
- To use: Fill a spray bottle, spray onto tile/grout- wipe with a damp cloth or sponge, or use a scrub brush.
I have a medium gray textured tile kitchen floor with a very light gray grout. Five years of grime, coffee, tea, etc. has left it pretty nasty looking. Found this recipe and thought I'd give it a try. And WOW! It not only works, but it works great! My floor now looks like it did when new. I submitted a picture of the floor half done to show the results. Hopefully it'll be approved and posted.
Thank you for a great recipe.
Wow, I am stunned. Easy, inexpensive, and best of all - it works! I made 1/4 of a batch and put it in a well-rinsed Kaboom bottle. The Kaboom had never touched the soap scum, but this formula dissolved it in under a minute. I took a tip offered by another reviewer and added two drops of air freshener oil so the scent was pleasant. I'm never going back to those harsh chemicals that trigger my asthma and don't work well - this has just become *my* cleaner! Thanks so much for sharing.
I was skeptical, but not after I used the first batch!
1. This is the best floor cleaner I've ever tried; by a mile!
2. It got my stainless steel sinks absolutely gleaming with just a wipe
3. It renewed (actually lightened and deep cleaned) the ancient faux marble vanity tops in the bathroom
4. When I was done, I poured the bucket out in the toilet and it got that gleaming too!
5. I think I love you for sharing this 'recipe' :)