Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my Mother-in-law's recipe for her awesome tasting skillet cooked hot water cornbread. There is nothing like this and a pot of black eyed peas!
- 236.59 ml white cornmeal
- 354.88 ml yellow cornmeal
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 44.37 ml boiling water
- Mix dry ingredients in hot boiling water.
- Proceed to use your hands to make into patty shapes to fry.
- Fry in oil until golden brown on the edges.
- Drain on paper towel covered plate.
- Cool and serve.