Recipe by ellie_
We really enjoyed this simple fish dish. I also think the sauce, which my dh loved, would be wonderful on chicken too! Recipe source: local newspaper
Top Review by Alaskan4ever
OMG this is WONDERFUL! I added a lil bit of cornstarch to the coconut sauce to make it thicker , because when you add the spinach it is too thin! i am thinking of making it with some chicken or shrimp SOOON!
- 4 tablespoons thai peanut sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups light coconut milk
- 4 teaspoons canola oil (or your favorite oil for cooking fish)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tilapia fillets
- 1 (6 ounce) package spinach, washed andstemmed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large measuring cup combine peanut sauce and coconut milk. Set aside.
- In a large skillet (I used two skillets) heat oil.
- Add tilapia and cook for 3-5 minutes and then turn fish and cook for 3-5 more minutes or until done.
- Season fish with salt and pepper and then remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Add coconut/peanut sauce mixture and spinach to skillet; bring to a boil over medium high heat. Cook for 2 minutes or so or until spinach wilts.
- Spoon sauce over fish.