Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A wonderful recipe for tilapia with roasted sweet potatoes, red bell pepper and onion. This recipe is quick and easy to prepare - just chop, toss, and bake. Very healthy and fresh, too! From Mom's kitchen via the Moosewood Restaurant Simple Suppers cookbook.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut in half lengthwise, then slice 1/3" thick.
- Cut large onion into 1/2" slices.
- Stem and seed large red pepper, cut into 1 1/2" chunks.
- Toss vegetables with 3 T. olive oil, thyme, and 1 T. Old Bay seasoning. Place on oiled baking sheet. Bake 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and brown, stirring halfway through.
- Place fish in single layer on another oiled baking sheet. Whisk 1 T. olive oil, lemon juice, garlic cloves and 1 T. Old Bay seasoning. Drizzle over fish.
- When vegetables have roasted about 15 minutes, stir vegetables and put the pan of fish in the oven. Bake until fish flakes easily - about 10 minutes per inch of thickness.
I used this recipe for inspiration as I can't have onions and not really into premixed fish seasoning. I substituted green bell peppers for the onions and used various spices including the thyme. This was a really wonderful, healthy meal. Fairly easy to prepare and a snap to cleanup as well. Thanks!