Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Yummy fish with a kick! Fast and easy to prepare!
- 340.19-453.59 g tilapia fillet
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- 14.79 ml salsa
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1-2 clove garlic, minced
- 1.23 ml cumin
- Rinse fish and pat dry.
- Cut into serving sized pieces, if necessary.
- Set aside.
- In small bowl, combine butter, 1 tablespoon salsa, lime zest, garlic, and cumin.
- Place fillets in single layer on foil lined baking sheet with sides.
- Brush butter mixture over fish.
- Tuck under any thin edges.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes per inch of thickness or about 8 minutes until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Place on serving platter.
- Top with additional salsa if desire.
- Serve immediately.
Was looking for a new recipe and decided to try this one. I also used olive oil instead of butter and added a bit more salsa. Baked for about 10 minutes, put just a sprinkle of shredded sharp cheddar cheese baked it about 3 more minutes and viola'!, dinner was delicious! Definitely will be added to my regular line up!
Sorry, Aviva. I followed the directions exactly but this tasted bland to us. With all those flavorful ingredients may we were just expecting more. The fish was tender and flaky though.
This recipe was tasty with tilapia. I did substitute olive oil for the butter and added about 4 tablespoons of salsa (vs. 1). It accompanied the fish nicely.