This fish recipe is one of my family's favorite. It's easy enough for a weeknight, but elegant enough to serve at a dinner party or special occasion. My hubbie who isn't a fish fan at all, does not turn his nose up when this dish is served, instead he rather enjoys it. Originally a Giada recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (4 -6 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 8 -12 ounces potatoes, peeled and very thinly sliced (refer to note below)
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced rosemary, plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup minced fresh chives or 1/3 cup scallion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Place the fish fillets on a work surface and season with salt and pepper. Top each of the fillets with enough slices of potato to completely cover the surface of the fish, overlaying the potatoes like shingles. Sprinkle the potatoes with a bit more salt and pepper, and the 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves.
- 3Heat a large, oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and the butter. When the butter is melted and the oil is hot add the fish, potato side down. Place the skillet in the oven and bake until the fish is cooked through, about 15 minutes. (Note: if your fish filets can't all fit in a skillet, these can be easily transferred to a pyrex dish prior to placing in the oven, as long as you use a long enough spatula that holds potatoes keeping them intact).
- 4Meanwhile, combine the extra-virgin olive oil, chives or scallions, the remaining 1 tablespoon rosemary, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- 5To serve, place the fish on serving plates, potato side up. Drizzle the fish and the plate with the chive oil. Serve immediately.
- 6NOTE: Potatoes must be very thinly cut (as thin as potato chips) preferably using a mandolin or a food processor with a slicing blade.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tilapia With Potato Crust and Chive Rosemary Oil
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 503.9
- Calories from Fat 373
- Total Fat 41.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 71.9 mg
- Sodium 404.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 24.1 g