1/3 Photos of Tilapia With Pimiento Sauce
I found this recipe on a cooking blog that I frequently read, and it's so good. This dish is so easy because everything is prepared in one skillet, on the stovetop. The fish comes out with tons of flavor, and all the flavors complement each other very well. Any mild, white fish can be subtituted for the tilapia, too. Sometimes, I drain the tomatoes and add 1/4 c. white wine to the sauce. My picture shows this with Kittencal's Low-Fat Oven-Baked Zucchini Sticks, and crusty bread might be good with this too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained (fire-roasted is nice, if you can find it)
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup green olives, pimiento-stuffed, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the onions and cook until tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- 3Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute more.
- 4Add tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, oregano, and pepper. Bring sauce to boiling.
- 5Gently place the fish fillets in the pan and scoop some of the sauce over the fillets. Return to boiling.
- 6Reduce the heat and cover. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- 7With a wide spatula, lift fish from skillet to a serving dish. Spoon the sauce over fish, and serve.
Browse Our Top Lactose-Free Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lactose-Free Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tilapia With Pimiento Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.9
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 85.0 mg
- Sodium 489.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 36.9 g