Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fast and incredibly delicious! This is my version of the recipe from a different site.
- 1 tilapia fillet
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temp
- 1 shallot, minced fine
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest or 5 drops lime oil
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- Heat a little oil in a fry pan. Mix butter w/ shallot, red pepper, lime peel or oil, then mix in juice. When it's mixed, add salt to taste.
- When oil is hot, add your tilapia. I put the side w/ dark stripe up--that makes the top the pretty white side (which is face down). Sometimes I add a tsp or 2 of the lime butter while tilapia is cooking.
- Probably only need about 5 minutes each side. When you flip the tilapia to put the dark side down, spoon a tsp or so of the butter on the fish. Then when you take it off the stove to serve, put a dab on top.
- Sometimes I use orange peel to add a different color.