1/1 Photo of Tilapia With Lemon Butter Sauce
Easy, quick and inexpensive; fairly healthy as long as you don't go overboard on the butter - you can half the amount of butter or replace with Smart Balance or the like to cut down on the sat fat and still get the same flavor. I prefer Andy's fish fry, but Zatarain's plain works well also. I've changed the amount of lemon from the original also; I'm used to starting 2 lbs of fish and forgot to convert down to 6 servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prep the tilapia - Defrost in package, if necessary, rinse and place in glass or plastic bowl. Cover with milk and set aside for 30 minute to soak out as much of the strong flavor as possible - the milk will turn pink.
- 2Using a microplane, zest the lemon, removing as much as possible without getting any of the pith. Juice the lemon and set both the juice and zest aside.
- 3Preheat an electric skillet to 375°F.
- 4Remove the tilapia from the milk and discard the milk. Lightly bread the fish with the fish fry. Add a small amount of olive oil to the skillet and distribute evenly. Place the filets in the oil and fry until the fish is just flaky and the breading is a medium brown.
- 5While the fish is cooking, melt the butter in a small saucepan. add the lemon zest and stir until combined. Whisk in the lemon juice until fully incorporated. You can add more fresh not-from-concentrate lemon juice to taste.
- 6Remove the cooked filets from the skillet, drain on a paper towel. Plate the fish and drizzle the sauce over to taste. Serve with risotto or pilaf and a green vegetable such as asparagus or broccoli.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tilapia With Lemon Butter Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.9
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 39.0 mg
- Sodium 32.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: