1/2 Photos of Tilapia With Garlic Lime Butter
Mrs. Christmas's Note:
This recipe was somewhat of an accident for me. My mom had prepared some homemade garlic butter for some reason and I mistakenly used it instead of regular butter to saute some Tilapia filets. I usually put lemon on my fish, but we were out, so I used lime juice instead. Everyone really liked it, so I make it all the time now. Even my very picky husband requests it! It's easy to adjust this recipe to feed more or less people.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add tilapia fillets (thawed if frozen) to the pan.
- 3Sprinkle the fish with garlic powder (use more or less depending on your tastes).
- 4Pour lime juice over fish (use more or less depending on your tastes).
- 5Saute the tilapia until the fillets are opaque and easily flake with a fork (I usually turn once during cooking).
- 6Serve while hot. I like to serve this with a side of rice pilaf and california blend veggies.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tilapia With Garlic Lime Butter
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.6
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 155.5 mg
- Sodium 233.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 50.7 g