Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was somewhat of an accident for me. My mom had prepared some homemade garlic butter for some reason and I mistakenly used it instead of regular butter to saute some Tilapia filets. I usually put lemon on my fish, but we were out, so I used lime juice instead. Everyone really liked it, so I make it all the time now. Even my very picky husband requests it! It's easy to adjust this recipe to feed more or less people.
- 8 tilapia fillets (4-6 oz each)
- 4 tablespoons butter (do not substitute with margarine)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add tilapia fillets (thawed if frozen) to the pan.
- Sprinkle the fish with garlic powder (use more or less depending on your tastes).
- Pour lime juice over fish (use more or less depending on your tastes).
- Saute the tilapia until the fillets are opaque and easily flake with a fork (I usually turn once during cooking).
- Serve while hot. I like to serve this with a side of rice pilaf and california blend veggies.
This was between a four and a five. The lime juice adds a lot of flavor, and was delicious. I did add some pepper, but no salt. The lime juice seemed to take care of that. Because of the ease and speed of the recipe, I'll go with a five, Thanks for sharing!