Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Although I really like this with tilapia, it is great with all fillet-type fish. You may use more or less lemon pepper and bread crumbs, according to your taste and the size of the fillet.
- 1 tilapia fillet
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs (plain or flavored)
- Place fish on baking dish or foil brushed with oil.
- Smear mayonnaise over all. Sprinkle with lemon pepper and bread crumbs.
- Bake in a 400-degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes, according to thickness of fish.
- Serve with lemon wedges or tartar sauce.
- **Note: Use other flavored seasonings such as onion powder, dill or garlic in place of lemon pepper.
Very good and very easy. I doubled this recipe and used four 4-oz tilapia fillets. Besides the lemon pepper seasonings, I took the suggestion in step 5 and used some dill and garlic. The fillets were nice and moist. I think I would like to try this again with softened butter in place of the mayonnaise. Thanx for sharing this quick and easy recipe!