Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Courtesy of Food Network (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/tilapia-with-escarole-and-lemon-pepper-oil-recipe/index.html)
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces baby fingerling potatoes or 12 ounces small red potatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 head escarole, torn into pieces (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 lbs tilapia fillets, patted dry
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano, leaves torn
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Heat 1/4 cup of the olive oil in a large deep skillet with a lid over medium heat.
- Place the potatoes in the pan cut-side down. Add the garlic and cook until the potatoes are slightly golden and crisp, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the escarole, season with salt and pepper, then add about 1/3 cup water. Cover and steam until the escarole wilts, about 5 minutes.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper; place on top of the greens in the pan and sprinkle with the oregano leaves. Cover and steam until the fish is just cooked through, about 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the lemon juice in a bowl with the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil; season with 1 teaspoon salt and plenty of pepper.
- Carefully lift the fish off the greens and transfer to rimmed plates or bowls. Distribute the greens, potatoes and pan juices around the fish. Drizzle with the lemon-pepper oil.