Recipe by Margie99
I got this from one of those recipe cards at the grocery store. It uses italian dressing and some cream cheese. I included the fat free ingredients but you could easily use the regular versions. You could also sub in any white fish fillet for the tilapia.
Top Review by Margreth J.
Best fish I ever tasted but I omitted the Italian dressing. Not by choice but because I didn't have it in my fridge. I added sugar to balance the tang in the lemon, spoon of butter and a dollop of mayo. Unbelievable how great it taste! It's like an angel came and cooked it for me.
- 2 tilapia fillets (1/2 lb)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons light Italian dressing
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 ounce fat free cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the dressing in a medium skillet on medium heat. Coat the fish with flour and then add to the pan. Cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. remove from skillet, cover and keep warm.
- Add broth and lemon juice to the pan. cook 3 minutes, until it is reduced by half, stirring frequently witha whisk. Add cream cheese and cook until melted, stirring constantly. Pour over fish, sprinkle with parsley.