Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this from one of those recipe cards at the grocery store. It uses italian dressing and some cream cheese. I included the fat free ingredients but you could easily use the regular versions. You could also sub in any white fish fillet for the tilapia.
- 2 tilapia fillets (1/2 lb)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons light Italian dressing
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 ounce fat free cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the dressing in a medium skillet on medium heat. Coat the fish with flour and then add to the pan. Cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. remove from skillet, cover and keep warm.
- Add broth and lemon juice to the pan. cook 3 minutes, until it is reduced by half, stirring frequently witha whisk. Add cream cheese and cook until melted, stirring constantly. Pour over fish, sprinkle with parsley.
I'm getting ready to move and am trying to use up the food in the house, and needed a recipe to finish up the tilapia. This one was perfect and I really liked how fast and easy it was, and how tasty. I did make a couple of minor substitutions based on what I had in the house. Instead of light Italian dressing, I used up some creamy vidalia onion dressing, adding a little olive oil to make it more like Italian dressing. And I didn't have cream cheese, so I used a little monterey jack. The dressing sub worked fine, but I would stick to the cream cheese next time...though the fish was good enough it would have been fine without the sauce. I'll be making this again!