Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this on the Epicurious website, and my husband loved it served with buttered garlic noodles and steamed green beans. The original recipe called for Pollock or Pacific cod, but I always have Tilapia on hand for this easy dish.
- Whisk together sour cream and flour.
- Put leeks in a heavy skillet with butter, 1/3 cup water, salt and pepper. Cover skillet with a tight fitting lid and simmer over medium heat, stirring once or twice, until leeks are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream mixture and remaining 1/3 cup water.
- Season fish with salt and pepper and add to leeks and cook, covered, until just cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with dill.
This recipe is excellent! My husband says it's the tastiest prepared tilapia he's had and I agree. I used light sour cream and reduced the butter by half and it was still very decadent. Highly recommend!
I didn't have sour cream on hand so I substituted heavy cream. Loved it, thank you!
This was really good. 1st time the hubby and I tried leeks have to say they were great. This will be part of my regulars. Thanks for the recipe!