Recipe by Cookin'Diva
Tilapia filets are baked with a topping of crabmeat, cream cheese and spices for a moist and flavorful fish entree. Feel free to add more Old Bay Seasoning, depending on your taste preferences. A parsley and lemon garnish makes it restaurant-quality!
Top Review by teresas
We enjoyed this although we felt it did lack a bit in the WOW factor. I expected great results with the crab and cream cheese. Maybe if I had used fresh crab. The flavor just really wasn't there. I did double the old bay seasoning. Thanks for posting. Made for PAC Fall 2008
- 3⁄4 lb tilapia fillet (2 large)
- 1⁄2 cup canned crabmeat
- 1⁄4 cup light cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (or paprika)
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften cream cheese; stir in all other topping ingredients, adding crabmeat last so that you don't break it up entirely.
- Place tilapia filets on non-stick foil (or spray baking dish with non-stick spray).
- Divide topping in two and pat on top of tilapia filets.
- Bake 400 degrees for 10 minutes, or until fish flakes apart with a fork.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon.