Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my rendition of a Tilapia dish from Houlihans Restaurant. In my usual way, I've tweaked it to suite our taste. I recommend this dish to anyone who loves wonderful food. The presentation is beautiful and elegant enough to serve to my guests. Very easy to prepare.
- 8 tilapia fillets
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup flour, for dusting fish
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, 1 stick
- 1⁄2 cup white wine, more if needed for the cook
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested (divide zest)
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced for serving
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (16 ounce) bagfresh Baby Spinach
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pat the fish dry and season with salt and pepper. Dust with flour and shake off the excess. Sauté the fillets in olive oil for one minute on each side. Be careful not to burn the roux that is being created in the bottom of your skillet, as you will be using this next. Lay the fillets in a single layer, overlapping slightly, and set aside in a baking dish.
- Add the butter to the pan and melt; sauté the garlic, being careful not to burn the butter and garlic. Add the wine and the chicken broth, and bring to a low boil. Once boiling, stir in the lemon juice, zest from 1 lemon, cannellini beans, and red pepper flakes.
- Top the fish with the cannellini bean mixture and bake for 10 -12 minutes.
- While fish and beans are baking, sauté spinach in the same pan until wilted. (I sauté a little garlic in butter and add a pinch of red pepper flakes before sautéing the spinach.)
- In a separate pot, bring the chicken broth to a a boil. Add salt to taste, zest from 1 lemon, red pepper flakes, and couscous. Cover with a lid, turn the heat off, and let sit till ready to serve. When ready to serve, fluff with fork. If needed, add more hot chicken broth.
- Plate the fish and bean mixture on top of the couscous and spinach and serve with lemon slices.