Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A big hit
thyme mashed potatoes
- 3 lbs russet potatoes or 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled, quartered
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons warm whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
balsamic vinegar butter sauce
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, strings removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 (4 1/2 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1⁄2 cup butter, plus
- 1 tablespoon butter
- chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- For thyme mashed potatoes:.
- Boil potatoes until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain; return to pot. Add butter, 6 tablespoons cream, and thyme; mash. Season with salt and pepper.
- For balsamic butter sauce:.
- Simmer vinegar and garlic in small saucepan over medium heat until reduced to thick syrup, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Cook snap peas in boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 1 minute. Drain. Return to same pan; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in each of 2 large skillets over high heat. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Sauté fish until golden, about 2 minutes per side.
- Rewarm balsamic syrup over medium-low heat. Whisk in 1/2 cup butter 1 piece at a time. Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter to peas; stir over medium heat until warmed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide potatoes, tilapia, and peas among plates; drizzle with sauce.