Recipe by CountryLady
From Bon Appetit Best of the Year - quick, easy & delicious!
Top Review by Aunt Cookie
This sauce was fabulous, and it couldn't possibly be easier to prepare. I just baked my tilapia and poured this rich, brown sauce over the top...perfect. I don't use a very expensive balsamic vinegar (I wish I could afford it! :) ) but this was even good with a mid-priced vinegar. Thanks so much for posting this! PS I used unsalted butter as suggested, and I would strongly recommend that future cooks do the same...the sauce somehow has a salty taste without that extra salt added.
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 (4 -5 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer vinegar and garlic in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat until reduced to a thick syrup, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over high heat and season fish with salt & pepper; saute until golden, about 2 minutes per side.
- Cut butter into 1/2 inch cubes and whisk into saucepan one piece at a time.
- Serve fish drizzled with sauce.