1/9 Photos of Tilapia With Almond Crust
Nice firm whitefish, with a browned nut crust. For variation, use macadamias or pecans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine bread crumbs, almonds, salt, garlic powder and black pepper in a shallow dish.
- 2Pour buttermilk in another shallow dish.
- 3Pour flour on a sheet of wax paper.
- 4Rinse the fillets with water and pat them dry with paper towels. Dredge the fillets in the flour, then dip them in buttermilk. Dredge them in the almond mixture. Place the fillets on a small cookie pan that has been dusted with a bit of the almond mix and chill for about 20 minutes for the almond crust to set.
- 5Heat one tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add two fillets, cook them about three minutes on each side until they are browned and the fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- 6Remove them to a platter to keep warm. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the skillet and cook the remaining fillets. If you have a large skillet, you can do all four at once.
- 7Serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tilapia With Almond Crust
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.7
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 87.5 mg
- Sodium 680.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 46.1 g