Recipe by gailanng
A panfried, crispy cornmeal coating with a delicious adobo cream sauce.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Great recipe -- loved the tilapia cooked this way. The combination of the flour and cornmeal made a very light breading. The sauce was great; however, my adobo seasoning was a little salty so I reduced the amount used in the breading mixture and deleted the salt. Finally, a fish that does not taste fishy!!!! We will definitely be having this dish again! Made for the AUS/NZ Make My Recipe Tag, November, 2011.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons adobo seasoning (plus the 2 teaspoons listed below)
- 2 teaspoons adobo seasoning (many good recipes on food.com)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- For Adobo Cream Sauce: In mixing bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, 2 teaspoons adobo seasoning, lemon peel, lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Whisk egg in shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl combine remaining adobo seasoning, flour, cornmeal and remaining salt.
- Dip fillets in egg and coat with cornmeal mixture.
- Heat oil and butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté fillets 3-4 minutes. Turn over; cook until fish just flakes with a fork (3-4 minutes).
- Transfer fillets to serving platter; serve with Adobo Cream Sauce.