Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Although not normally a fish fan, a friend decided to try this Red Lobster menu item last year after reading its description. As it turns out this dish won a Food Network Challange which is why it was being showcased. After being tempted by the description of white chocolate, toasted macadmia nuts and coconut, and a smooth sweet sauce, it was a must try. Needless to say it was a huge hit and after trying it myself I am a true believer too. If you want a great fish dish that is as captivating and delightness as a great dessert too... this is the recipe for you.
FOR MACADAMIA CRUST
- 78.07 ml chopped macadamia nuts
- 78.07 ml sweetened flaked coconut
- 78.07 ml panko breadcrumbs
- 59.16 ml melted butter
FOR WHITE CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- 14.79 ml finely chopped shallot
- 59.14 ml white wine
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 118.29 ml butter
- 59.14 ml shaved white chocolate (use real white chocolate only, not white baking chips )
- kosher salt
FOR TILAPIA PREP
- 4 tilapia fillets
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 236.59 ml coconut milk (or Coco Lopez)
- 1, FOR MACADAMIA CRUST: Mix all of first 4 crust ingredients well.
- 2. Spread crust out on to a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake in a 300°F oven for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- 4. FOR WHITE CHOCOLATE SAUCE: In a small non-reactive sauce pan add the shallot, wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer until liquid has reduced by 2/3.
- 5. In another saucepan add the heavy cream. Bring to a simmer and reduce by 1/3.
- 6, While liquids are reducing, cut the butter into small pieces.
- 7. Once liquids are reduced, remove from heat and strain the shallot lemon mixture and add it to the heavy cream.
- 8.Keeping the pan warm, slowly add 2-3 pieces of the butter to the lemon cream mixture while continually whisking. Continue to whisk while adding remaining butter.
- 9. Next whisk in the white chocolate until fully incorporated.
- 10. TILAPIA PREP: Spray a baking dish with non stick spray.
- 11. Place 4 tilapia fillets flesh side up.
- 12. Season filets with sea salt, pepper and paprika.
- 13. Brush Coconut Milk or Coco Lopez over the top of each fish filet.
- 14. Bake the prepared fish in a 350°F oven for approximately 10-15 minutes or until fish reaches 150°F internally.
- 15. PRESENTATION: Portion the chocolate sauce onto 4 plates.
- 16. Place the cooked fish on top of the chocolate sauce.
- 17. Top each filet with the macadamia topping. Enjoy!
I made this for my daughters brides maids and the compliments were incredible. I am making it again fro easter.
We enjoyed this-- thanks for sharing the recipe. Made this for Valentines Day and am keeping it on file for another special occasion dinner.
I was a little worried about mixing shallot and chocolate... but it was very good! I greased the pan with coconut oil instead of spray. I was pleasantly suprised how good this was, not too too sweet or salty and masked the fish taste well without overwhelming it. Will make again. Thank you for posting!