1/21 Photos of Tilapia... White Chocolate Macadamia Crusted Tilapia
Timothy J Higgins Eva's Note:
Although not normally a fish fan, a friend decided to try this Red Lobster menu item last year after reading its description. As it turns out this dish won a Food Network Challange which is why it was being showcased. After being tempted by the description of white chocolate, toasted macadmia nuts and coconut, and a smooth sweet sauce, it was a must try. Needless to say it was a huge hit and after trying it myself I am a true believer too. If you want a great fish dish that is as captivating and delightness as a great dessert too... this is the recipe for you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR MACADAMIA CRUST
- 1/3 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
FOR WHITE CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup shaved white chocolate (use real white chocolate only, not white baking chips )
- kosher salt
FOR TILAPIA PREP
- 11, FOR MACADAMIA CRUST: Mix all of first 4 crust ingredients well.
- 22. Spread crust out on to a baking sheet.
- 33. Bake in a 300°F oven for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- 44. FOR WHITE CHOCOLATE SAUCE: In a small non-reactive sauce pan add the shallot, wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer until liquid has reduced by 2/3.
- 55. In another saucepan add the heavy cream. Bring to a simmer and reduce by 1/3.
- 66, While liquids are reducing, cut the butter into small pieces.
- 77. Once liquids are reduced, remove from heat and strain the shallot lemon mixture and add it to the heavy cream.
- 88.Keeping the pan warm, slowly add 2-3 pieces of the butter to the lemon cream mixture while continually whisking. Continue to whisk while adding remaining butter.
- 99. Next whisk in the white chocolate until fully incorporated.
- 1010. TILAPIA PREP: Spray a baking dish with non stick spray.
- 1111. Place 4 tilapia fillets flesh side up.
- 1212. Season filets with sea salt, pepper and paprika.
- 1313. Brush Coconut Milk or Coco Lopez over the top of each fish filet.
- 1414. Bake the prepared fish in a 350°F oven for approximately 10-15 minutes or until fish reaches 150°F internally.
- 1515. PRESENTATION: Portion the chocolate sauce onto 4 plates.
- 1616. Place the cooked fish on top of the chocolate sauce.
- 1717. Top each filet with the macadamia topping. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tilapia... White Chocolate Macadamia Crusted Tilapia
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1003.6
- Calories from Fat 753
- Total Fat 83.7 g
- Saturated Fat 52.9 g
- Cholesterol 175.2 mg
- Sodium 450.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 49.4 g
- Protein 5.5 g